Recently HubSpot reported their results from analyzing the marketing activity of over 2,500 businesses over the last two years.
HubSpot offers a nice internet marketing application that allows companies to easily improve their search engine visibility through organic search, paid search and social media.
I’ve embedded their presentation below. Things that stood out:
- Costs per lead from inbound marketing were approximately 2.5 times lower than costs per lead from outbound marketing (slide 3)
- Inbound marketing is more effective than outbound marketing (slide 4)
- Small companies do more inbound marketing than large companies (slide 10)
- Companies that blog get more website visitors and leads than companies that don’t (slide 24)
- B2C companies using Twitter get more inbound leads than companies that don’t (slide 26)